Nigerians in Diaspora Organization, Americas (NIDOA) held its
Annual General Meeting (AGM) and World Conference on Friday, October 14 and 15.
With the theme, “A Unified NIDO for Transformational Impact on Nation Building,” the AGM was
hosted at Best Western Plus Hotel, Atlanta Airport East, with foremost Nigerian Diplomat and former
Permanent Secretary of Nigeria’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Joe Keshi, as the Keynote
The NIDOA’s Annual General Meeting and World
Conference speakers and dignitaries include:
Her Excellency Ambassador Uzoma Emenike – Nigerian Ambassador to the United States
Ambassador Amina Smaila - Consul-General, Atlanta
Ambassador Lot A.Egopija – Consul-General, New York
Honourable Tolulope Akande – Chair, House Committee on Diaspora
Alhaji Abubakar Ahmed (Ejeh of Ankpa) – Royal Guest of Honor
Honourable Abike Dabiri-Erewa – Chief Executive Officer of Nigerians in Diaspora Commission
Dr. Ezekiel Macham – Chairman, NIDO Americas
Dr. Eromonsele Idahosa – Chairman, NIDO Americas USA
Dr. Danladi Husaini – Chairman, NIDO Belize
Activities at the 2022 AGM included a Golf Tournament kicked off by Ambassador Amina Smaila, two Plenary Sessions, and the AGM Business Session.
The event concluded with an elegant gala attended by members of the Nigerian Diplomatic Mission to the United States, and other dignitaries.
Ambassador Joe Keshi - former Permanent Secretary of Nigeria's Ministry of Foreign Affairs, delivered an impassioned keynote address underscoring the urgent need for NIDOA to prioritize intervention initiatives that focus on the education and health, education, and information technology sectors in Nigeria
Excerpts from NIDOA AGM and World Conference:
Nigerians in Diaspora Organization, Americas (NIDOA) held its Annual General Meeting (AGM) in Atlanta on Oct 14th through the 16th. The conference’s theme, “A Unified NIDOA for Transformational Impact on Nation Building,” examined the past, present and the future of the organization in relation to the homeland, Nigeria. The body resolved to:
● Deepen and expand unity, comradeship, and commitment among all Nigerians and concomitant organizations in the Diaspora to mobilize support and cooperation for transformational nation building and development. An Outreach Committee was appointed to negotiate the terms for the integration of chapter(s) that are yet to join the unified boards.
● Continue to collaborate with NIDO Worldwide and other Stakeholders on shared interests such as Diaspora Voting Rights and the mobilization of Talent and Resources to help create knowledge-based economy in Nigeria.
● Vigorously pursue the expansion of NIDO Americas to all countries of the American Continents.
● Organize impactful activities such as Information Technology, Medical Certification Trainings, Foundation Education Intervention and Vocational Trainings, Discussion Fora, and other Empowerment/Value-Added activities during the annual Diaspora Month starting in July 2023. The Board of Trustees was mandated to set up a ‘Task Force’ to collate short-term and long-term programmatic initiatives; develop the modalities for implementation, including timeline and instrument to measure outcomes.
● Emphasize the need for all Nigerian governmental entities and diplomatic posts to channel their citizen outreach and programmatic initiatives through NIDO Americas as the organization of first resort.
● Seek accreditation to observe the 2023 General Elections in Nigeria as part of its civic commitment to free, fair, and democratic expression of the sovereign will of the Nigerian people.
NIDOA 2022 AGM and World Conference has been published, as follows:
NIDOA 2023 Annual General Meeting will take place in Florida, United States of America.
We look forwarded to your participation.
Copyright © 2022 Nigerians in Diaspora Organization Americas (NIDOA) - All Rights Reserved.
IN “PURSUANCE OF NATIONAL UNITY AND DEVELOPMENT”